Here are my tips for how to eat healthy at work without feeling like you’re missing out.
1. Don’t bring cash to work. If you can’t throw into the pot for pizza you won’t be tempted to eat a slice. Or three.
2. Bring in lunches and snacks that you know you’re going to love when hunger strikes.
3. Keep the unhealthy snacks out of sight and out of mind! Avoid the break room or the kitchen at work if you know that’s where the day-old donuts are. Take a walk outside while eating your lunch if you need to get away from temptation.
4. Speaking of walks, another way to eat healthy at work is to get out and take one to distract yourself from daydreams of junk food.
5. Drink lots and lots (and lots!) of water to help you feel full. If you have trouble staying hydrated, mix in some cut up fruit to add flavor. But never ever skip lunch!
6. Bring fruit in for your afternoon snack if you crave sweets in the afternoon. If it’s salt you crave, here are some healthy trail mix options. Make a big batch and portion it out into daily servings.
7. Remind yourself that you’re a badass mother who don't take no crap off of nobody! (Gotta love Cool Runnings!) But seriously. This is your life. This is your body. You deserve to feel empowered in it and love it. Give yourself a break and a little pep talk from time to time and you’ll be well on your way to a happy and healthy you.
How to eat healthy at work ultimately comes down to you. It’s up to you to make the choices that meet your fitness goals. Need help setting those goals? Contact me right now to book your first session for free!