Now I would like to say that making a schedule and structuring my life has been one of the most challenging things I have ever done. . . .I've never been a fan of routine I'm a bit of a free spirit and I feel like having a routine is too shall I say conforming. But alas the virgo in me says it's time to jump on board and get shit done
When big or even small changes affect your schedule working out and taking care of yourself tend to be the first thing that goes out the door. So here are 5 little things you can do to stay on track and help you keep moving forward.
1. Keep your goals simple: This is not the time to take on a big goal of training for a marathon or bikini competition. Make your goal simple,i.e. I will get 10,000 steps in everyday this week.
2. Schedule your workouts: You don't have to workout everyday to feel good about where you are going. One scheduled workout is better than no scheduled workout. If it's on your calendar you will be less likely to forget about it or skip it.
3. Plan ahead and meal prep: You know you are going to have a busy week, take an hour or two out of your Sunday and plan your meals. It may seem daunting at first but you will forever thank yourself during the week when little surprises pop up.
4. Make time for yourself: This is probably the most important one! I don't care if you take a day or take an hour, but do something for yourself. A favorite activity, watch your favorite Netflix show, pamper yourself with a massage, meditate, whatever is going to bring you back to you and make you feel full and your soul happy.
5. Be nice to yourself: You weren't put on this earth to be superhuman, if you where, then you have great super powers and this doesn't even apply to you ;) If you don't have super powers, check in with your self talk daily, if you catch yourself saying something you would never say to a loved one stop and remind yourself that you are amazing.