Truly enjoying yourself is what vacation is about so leave the scale, don't count the calories, just make smarter choices. Here are a few things that can help you stay on track, "mostly" :)
1. Before you leave for your fabulous vacation scout out any fitness centers, yoga studios, YMCA or really anything that catches your eye in the area. Most places offer a free class or a visitors pass. Or you could simply write a couple of body weight workouts to do in your hotel room. I might know someone that can do this for you as well if you are unsure what to do ;)
2. SCHEDULE time for yourself to get these workouts in. If you are traveling with kids have them join in, rent some bikes, or go on a hike. There are a ton of different kid friendly things to do in most places, you just need to do a little planning ahead of time.
3. If you are going to order dessert share it with someone, and try and limit the adult beverages to one or 2 a night. I know you are on vacation so that's why I say limit the drinking but still enjoy yourself.
4. When eating at restaurants, choose the healthier options a protein and some veggies is a great choice. I'm not saying you have to do this at every meal, get yourself a delicious burger and fries or some pasta. Just don't eat it for every meal. ;)
5. BE NICE TO YOURSELF!! You're on vacation and you deserve to have some fun. So leave the stress of putting on a few pounds at home and have fun!
As always if you ever have any questions please feel free to contact me. I love helping people find healthy ways to enjoy life!!